LAS VEGAS — Living legend and boxing’s only eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao will look to turn back the clock once again when the 40-year-old steps into the ring with the powerful and unbeaten Keith “One Time” Thurman for Thurman’s WBA (Super) welterweight title under the bright lights of the MGM Grand Garden Arena on pay per view.
Pacquiao’s career has seen a spectacular resurrection after back-to-back impressive outings against Lucas Matthysse and Adrien Broner. The Filipino senator will have his third fight in just over a year, and easily his most challenging test since Floyd Mayweather, when he steps into the ring with Keith Thurman and looks to climb back into the esteemed pound for pound rankings.
Watch Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman on FITE.TV
Across from him will be Keith Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs 1 No Contest), the former unified welterweight champion who will look to end Pacquiao’s career and turn back what has become a remarkable comeback story. For Thurman, turning back the challenge of Manny Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs) would be the biggest victory of his career and one that would catapult his name back into the pound for pound conversation and, perhaps more importantly, the mainstream.
Both fighters will enter the ring with a ton of questions hovering above. Can Pacquiao really be one of the best in the world at the age of 40? How will Thurman look after being hurt badly by journeyman Josesito Lopez in his last outing, which was Thurman’s first after a nearly two-year layoff? Who wants it more?
We will soon find out.
Also, in the FOX PBC Fight Night main event, Caleb Plant will put his IBF super-middleweight title on the line against Mike Lee in a showdown that has developed some serious bad blood. Plant (18-0, 10 KOs) claimed the title with a brilliant performance against Jose Uzcategui earlier this year. Lee (21-0, 11 KOs) is a face that you may have seen in a Subway commercial but the 32-year-old from Illinois looks to prove that he’s not just another opponent and snare the title away from Plant.
Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman: Live updates, results
Sporting News will have live coverage of Pacquiao-Thurman and a full stacked undercard beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Pacquiao vs. Thurman fight card
FOX PPV Main Card
- Welterweights: Manny Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs) vs. (c) Keith Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs 1 No Contest)
- Welterweights: Yordenis Ugás (23-4, 11 KOs) vs Omar Figueroa Jr. (28-0-1, 19 KOs)
- Welterweights: Sergey Lipinets (15-1, 11 KOs) vs. Jayar Inson (18-2, 12 KOs)
- Bantamweights: Luis Nery (29-0, 23 KOs) vs. Juan Carlos Payano (21-2, 9 KOs)
Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a year
FOX PBC Fight Night Card
- Super Middleweights; (c) Caleb Plant (18-0, 10 KOs) vs. Mike Lee (21-0, 11 KOs)
- Heavyweights: Efe Ajagba (10-0, 9 KOs) vs. Ali Eren Demirezen (11-0, 10 KOs)
- Welterweights: Emmanuel Medina (16-0, 9 KOs) vs. Peter Dobson (10-0, 6 KOs)
- Welterweights: Abel Ramos (24-3-2, 18 KOs) vs. Jimmy Williams (16-2-1, 5 KOs)
- Flyweights: Genisis Libranza (18-1, 10 KOs) vs. Carlos Maldonado (11-3, 7 KOs)
- Featherweights: John Leo Dato (11-0-1, 7 KOs) vs. Juan Antonio Lopez (13-6, 5 KOs)
Pacquiao vs. Thurman latest news
Manny Pacquiao was written off around this time last year but now he’s managed to become the favorite against Keith Thurman and resurrect his boxing career, how did we get here?
Keith Thurman isn’t concerned with what you think about him because he’s here to crush stereotypes and crucify Manny Pacquiao.
If Pacquiao can beat Thurman, is a rematch with Floyd Mayweather on the horizon?
The real reason that Manny Pacquiao has found his killer instinct? “His pay per view numbers sucked,” according to Freddie Roach.
Caleb Plant has been through more than many of us can imagine and he’s become world champion. His his story on tragedy, triumph and race in boxing.
Mike Lee’s fast rise came to an abrupt halt due to a rare disease. It may have taken him longer than he expected, but he’s here to shock the world and beat Caleb Plant.